Quality & HSE
Table Of Content
- HSE POLICY STATEMENT
- HSE OBJECTIVES
- BASIC SAFETY RULES
- GENERAL SAFEY RULES
- INCIDENT & INJURY MANAGEMENT
- SITE TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
- DUTIES OF SITE CONTROLLERS
- OVERHEAD TRANSMISSION LINE AND DISTRIBUTION
- ENVIORNMENTAL MANAGEMENT
- MANAGEMENT REVIEW.
Our Progress Table
|YEAR||LT(Last Time Injury)||MTC(Medical Treatment Cases)||RWC(Restricted Work Cases)||FAC(First Aid Cases)||NM(Near Miss)||FR (Frequency Rate)||SR(Severity Rate)||Total Manhours Worked|
|TOTAL SAFE WORKING HOURS||480551|
|M/S Proof Tower General Contracting|
PROOF TOWER GENERAL CONTRACTING aims to establish procedures and implement work instructions to avoid injury to employees and others in the Company operations.
We aim to minimize the impact of the Company’s activities on the environment.
We provide facilities, plant, and equipment and maintain them in safe condition.
We deploy a competent and trained workforce through appropriate recruitment, selection and training at all levels.
We provide an effective system of communication in the Company and with the clients to ensure active participation in all aspects of safety management.
We have efficient monitoring and review systems to measure the success of the Safety Management Systems and provide for ongoing improvement.
BASIC SAFETY RULES
PROOF TOWER GENERAL CONTRACTING make sure that all employees are expected to wear clean uniform and necessary PPEs while on duty.
We issue necessary PPE to all employees including Safety Helmets, Goggles and Hand Gloves and make sure to be worn while on duty.
We always make sure to use Double Lanyard Safety Belts and proper Hooking while working at Heights. We make sure to have necessary permissions and permits before starting any new job.
We always make sure to Keep PPE in clean and suitable condition. We always make safe use all Equipment’s by our workforce at work.
We always make sure to have First Aid Facilities at the workplace as per required by Law. Our Employees are not allowed to Smoke at site and living area by Law.
DUTIES OF SITE CONTROLLERS
- Operations/ Administration Head of Business
- Provide leadership for effective implementation
of HSE Management in our business unit.
- He Focus HSE as high priority in their all
- He always take appropriative corrective action
in case of deficiency / non-compliance in HSE Management system.
- PM is responsible for safe execution of the
project and reporting to the manager Operations.
- He is also supposed to ensure that all HSE
issues are given priority and attended properly.
- PM ensures HSE Tool Box Meetings and Job safety
Analysis is done prior to commencement of every day’s work.
- PM Lead entire Project team to achieve the Goal
and guide employees and contractors for the improvement.
- HSE Officer reports to the PM directly in an
- He is meant to inform about all the hazards and
HSE related information to the PM and Client’s HSE Representative.
- He is always taking leading role to contribute
towards an efficient HSE Management. Mainly creating awareness to all the
employees for safe and healthy working conditions.
- He is going to conduct HSE Audit at site and
Labour camps along with the management team.
HSE inspection in all Work :
- Area and advice to the PM for corrective actions and follow-ups.
- He always conduct Investigation of all Accidents
/ Dangerous occurrences & recommend appropriate Safety Measures.
- Advice & Co-ordinate for implementations of
work permit system.
- Plan procurement of PPE’s, Safety devices &
inspect before use as per laid down Norms.
- Facilitate administration of First Ai
INCIDENT & INJURY MANAGEMENT
PROOF TOWER GENERAL CONTRACTING keeps the record of ZERO accidents since it has started the operations in 2007. This is the result of our focus to avoid any hazards to the workmen and environment.
We have always focused for training of our supervisors and HSE Staff to keep safe working conditions and how to report and mange if any unlike incident will happen. The report of the analysis should be made available to all personnel at the work site. Such information should be used for drawing up safety and health strategic plans, promotional programs and training courses.
The documented procedure for reporting and managing the accident is given below.
a. Prompt reporting of incidents
Our HSE department is trained to report the incidents to the Main Contractors at the soonest.
b. Investigation Team
We have defined to form an investigation team consisting of Site Foreman, Site Supervisor, HSE Officer and other concerned personnel to figure out the reasons and measure of the incident and to report it to the Main Contractor.
c. Identification of Root Causes
PROOF TOWER GENERAL CONTRACTING is meant to establish the root cause of incident such as deficiency in the safety Management system. The investigation shall not be limited to identification of unsafe Conditions and unsafe acts only.
d. Recommendations and Follow-up Actions
PROOF TOWER GENERAL CONTRACTING is meant to ensure that recommendations of the investigations are effectively implemented.
The lessons learned from the incidents are should be sent to all relevant personnel in the project for information and awareness.
We will have to improve the overall Safety Management System to avoid any such incident in the future.
e. Analysis of Incident Statistics
Analysis of all reported incidents and statistics are to be carried out periodically to identify the type, frequency, Severity and Root Causes of the incidents.
The analysis must be included:
- Type of incident
- Agency of incident
- Causes of incident
- Human Elements
- Incident Frequency Rate
- Incident Severity Rate
OHTL & DISTRIBUTION
- Initial Inspections, Tests, or Determinations
- PROOF TOWER GENERAL CONTRACTING conduct inspections to determine the existing conditions before starting work to know the basic things like Energized Lines & Equipment, Condition of Towers, Location of Circuits, for Power & Transmission Lines etc.
- We always consider Electrical equipment and lines as energized until and unless we determine it to be de-energized by testing and grounding.
- We provide necessary Traffic signals & possible entry barriers.
- Emergency Procedures and First Aid
PROOF TOWER GENERAL CONTRACTING provide First Aid training to the employees to handle the emergency situation i.e. Electric shock. Remote field crews will have an employee certified in First-Aid. Speed is essential in dealing with any electrical accident.
In brief, the sequence for dealing with an electrical accident is:
- If possible, switch off the power supply. If this is not instantly possible, release the victim from contact with the conductor by using dry gloves, dry blanket, dry wood, dry clothing, rubber sheets, or properly insulated equipment.
- If breathing has stopped, begin CPR and continue as necessary. Call for first aid assistance, a doctor, and an ambulance.
- Metal Tower Construction and Stringing
- PROOF TOWER GENERAL CONTRACTING carry out the Tower assembly work with a minimum exposure of Employees to falling objects.
- We use guy Lines to maintain sections or parts of sections in position and to reduce the possibility of tipping. Members and sections being assembled shall be adequately supported.
- No one is permitted under a tower which is in the process of erection or assembly except as may be required to guide and secure the section being set. When erecting towers using hoisting equipment adjacent to energized transmission lines, the lines are being de-energized when practical. If the lines are not de-energized, extraordinary cautions are being exercised to maintain the minimum clearance distances required.
- Erection shall be set on firm level foundations and when the cranes are so equipped, outriggers shall be used.
- Tag lines are being utilized to maintain control of tower sections being raised and positioned, except where the use of such lines would create a greater hazard.
- The load line shall not be detached from a tower section until the section is adequately
- Environment Pollution
The surrounding in which we live is called environment. It is basically constituted of the air we breathe, the water we drink and the soil form which we get our food.
The heat and rays of the sun also have a bearing on the environment.
Due to various human activities and over population our environment is being adversely affected.
This is called Pollution. It is a serious threat to the very existence of human life on the earth.
In order to tackle pollution, each one of us should know how actually pollution takes
place and what can be done to prevent it. There are various types of pollution such as:
- Air pollution
- Water Pollution
- Soil Pollution
- Global Warming
- Ozone Depletion
PROOF TOWER GENERAL CONTRACTING aims to help in preventing further pollution by contributing in the following ways.
- We avoid wastage of water, energy, chemicals and other usable.
- Grow more and more trees, plants etc.
- We avoid over consumption of materials.
- We use everything to the maximum extent possible.
- We try our best to use environment friendly goods & materials.
- We follow all pollution control rules and regulations in a systematic manner.
- Air emissions, water discharges & solid wastes are being minimized as far as possible. Before throwing away, these should be treated and made innocuous.
- We share environmental awareness & manage for pollution prevention with all of our employees.
GENERAL SAFETY RULES
PROOF TOWER GENERAL CONTRACTING has strict procedure for the General Safety Rules as described below.
- HOUSEKEEPING PROGRAM
- We always use proper housekeeping methods at workplace and labour residence areas. We provide sufficient personnel and equipment for housekeeping requirements. We make sure to keep clean the entire place we live in or work at. We make sure that extra consumable materials to be returned to store with safe conditions.
- We make sure to keep clean and clear the entrance and exit areas to the work place. We arrange periodic inspections to the workplace to check and monitor if proper housekeeping is maintained or not. We have strict procedure of fines and penalties for violation of housekeeping rules.
- MATERIAL DISPOSAL
PROOF TOWER GENERAL CONTRACTING has predefined procedure for disposal of Materials. We keep labelled containers at workplace for disposal of required contents. We make sure through HSE & Site Engineers to comply with following housekeeping and waste management rules.
We make sure that all materials are maintained in neat stockpiles in proper way for ease of access. We take care that there are no projections along the walkways and projections are rectified immediately.
We store properly the loose materials, scrap and tools etc. in the working areas especially in the vicinity of ladders, ramps, and stairs. We strictly follow at heights where loose materials are liable to fall down.
We always make sure that all excavated materials should be disposed properly. We aim that Construction debris shall be stockpiled or incinerated. We do not burry or burn the waste material at site or at camp area. Wherever practicable & economical possible wastes shall be recycled.
- PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
PROOF TOWER GENERAL CONTRACTING provide all necessary PPE to its Workers and make sure its proper use as well. HSE Officer monitor and inspect the PPE periodically and defective & torn out pieces are replaced at once. Following items are included in our PPE:
- Safety Helmets
- Safety Shoes
- Safety Harnesses
- Life Lines
- Fall Arrestors
SITE TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT
PROOF TOWER GENERAL CONTRACTING always use site layout plan for the Contractor’s working area describing traffic routes for supply of Construction materials, lay-down areas and parking areas.
We provide necessary road signs through Site Engineers and Site Supervisors for road closures and diversions wherever are necessary.
We take strict actions against Supervisors whenever they fail to put proper traffic signs and make sure to put these signs at the soonest.
- The speed limit within the project is 30 kmph.
- Vehicles when parked should have the engine stopped.
- Vehicles are not allowed to drive into restricted areas.
- We use only authorized drivers to drive project vehicles.
- We make sure that Drivers are licensed in accordance with UAE regulations and adhere to traffic regulations always.
- Safety performance of all drivers is being monitored continuously. In order to improve drivers’ safety performance, they regularly take part in refresher training sessions.
We arrange Regular training and assessments to improve the proficiency of drivers.
PROOF TOWER GENERAL CONTRACTING Regularly review HSE controls by consultation with HSE team. HSE management controls are reviewed & updated in response to the introduction of new hazards and audit findings.
Our HSE team always assist the line management to effectively review the HSE performance on day-to-day basis and in reviewing the effectiveness of the HSE management system on annual basis, we regularly arrange meetings to review HSE plans.